What is the SXSW Cosplay Competition? - Cosplay is a term short for costume play. It’s similar to a runway show, except the outfits worn are based on video game, comic book, anime, manga, TV shows, or movies characters. On Sunday, each entrant gets to walk across the stage to show off their outfit in the competition along with a chance to receive amazing prizes!
How to Enter the Competition? - Register at the Evil Pastry Studios’ booth in the Palmer Events Center- Fill out a form online. ----‡ Click Here!(If for some reason you have to cancel, please email us at email@example.com)- Show up for Pre-Judging prior to the Cosplay show on Sunday. An exact time will be provided closer to the date.
*They will be confirmed closer to the event date.
The Basic Rules
1. All Entries must maintain a PG rating.
2. All Stunts included but not limited to falling, jumping, fighting, and etc. must be performed at 3/4th speed (Slow Motion).
3. One foot must remain on the ground at all times.
4. If something goes ON stage with you, make sure it goes OFF stage with you.
5. Group entrees are limited to 7 people.
6. At least 70% of your outfit must be made or altered to compete for a prize. Everything else, including store bought outfits, may enter under the NonCompetitive division.
7. Reference materials, such as in-progress photos, is not required but highly encouraged, and should be presented during Pre-Judging.
8. Time limit is 30 seconds.
9. Audio is provided. Pre-recorded audio is not necessary.
10. Please do not be late!
SXSW Cosplay Competition Awards : TBA